To have a significant impact on the consumption of Google Workspace (ex. G Suite) in our organization, employees must not only be able to use Google Workspace services (ex. G Suite) but also understand the meanings of Google Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Hangouts / Meet, Jamboard, Documents, Vault and other applications and not be afraid to work with cloud tools.
Google Workspace (ex. G Suite) is not only corporate mail. It is a set of functional services for teamwork. These services increase the productivity and efficiency of users’ daily work and use non-failure access to the necessary resources. If you want your investment in Google Workspace (ex. G Suite) to pay off faster, just reconfiguring email won’t be enough.
That is why user education is a significant part of the project to migrate to Google Workspace (ex. G Suite).
The purpose of training on Google Workspace (ex., G Suite):
- Reveal the key features of the services, introduce and even make friends with them, and register “live” work in them.
- Form a positive attitude towards Google Workspace cloud solutions (ex. G Suite), prepare users for the transition, and make the transition smooth.
- Explain what advantages provide a new benefit that needs to be taken into account.
- Secure the documentation in a “how to” format with the constant availability of reading materials and instructions.
Google Workspace education/training format (ex. G Suite)
Trainings are held at the customer’s premises in groups of 5 to 20 people. If the company’s offices are located in different cities or countries, online training is conducted in a webinar format, or Cloudfresh specialists go on a business trip.
Cloudfresh representatives give a short presentation, after which they pay special attention to the work of Google Workspace services (ex. G Suite) in the live display. At the end of the training, there is a mandatory “question and answer session.” Basic training usually lasts 1.5 – 2 hours. Additional and in-depth training is agreed upon individually, based on the company’s task.
Training content with Google Workspace (ex. G Suite)
- What is Google Workspace (ex. G Suite)?
- What services are included in Google Workspace (ex. G Suite)?
- What are the benefits for the user?
- Features of using Google Workspace (ex. G Suite) in your organization.
- Access to accounts and services.
- Basic settings.
- Advanced settings.
- Working with filters and labels.
- Effective search and keywords.
- Additional services.
- Access and settings.
- Setting up a personal calendar.
- Adding a calendar of colleagues and company resources.
- Work with events and reminders.
- Shared calendars.
- Tasks and opportunities.
- File types.
- Working with Google Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Forms, and Sites files.
- Collaboration with files.
- Google Drive utility.
- Working with shared drives
- Rules for granting access to documents.
- Access to mobile devices.
- Two-factor authorization.
- Work with contacts.
- Extension possibilities.
- Documentation and Handouts (if applicable).
Separate training for administrators and employees of companies on the topic of familiarization, downloading, and management.
- Company users;
- Google Workspace services (ex. G Suite);
- Company risks;
- MDM solutions for mobile devices;
- Security policies;
- Domains and subdomains;
- Google Workspace (ex. G Suite) usage reports, audit log, email log, alerts
* Cloudfresh is an authorized reseller of Google Workspace (ex. G Suite) and Google Cloud. We provide services for the sale, implementation, training, and support of Google Workspace (ex. G Suite) in Ukraine, the CIS, Europe, and worldwide.
You can order a free test, demo, or purchase Google Workspace accounts (ex. G Suite). You can leave a request.