In the modern world, due to technological development, pandemic, and other factors, building an asynchronous and productive work environment while supporting people’s preferences has become an essential task for a company’s management. So, how could the decision-makers maintain a well-structured work environment while connecting people in different time zones and places and enabling the workers’ engagement and effectiveness?
What challenges workers’ productivity?
Our typical workday now differs from the one before the pandemic. According to Asana Anatomy of Work Global Index 2022, one of the main challenges we are facing in our work mode are:
- The strategic work is declining because the workers spend more time on the skilled work and feel they need to be more engaged in s company’s visions and global plans.
- A considerable amount of burnout is caused by “work about work” problems, including routine communication, repetitive tasks, status updates, and other non-skilled work.
- Workers feel a high level of distraction and need more concentration due to the increasing amount of app notifications. They also believe that improving meeting efficiency can reduce the amount of communication through apps.
All these factors influence the workers’ efficiency and emotional conditions, causing burnout and dissatisfaction with their work. It requires re-imagining the hybrid work environment by eliminating the aspects that negatively impact workers’ productivity.
How to enable asynchronous collaboration?
As a team manager or a project lead, here are a few crucial points of how you can boost your team’s cooperation in the hybrid mode while maintaining the asynchronous collaboration:
- Uphold the teamwork: gather your team members with the help of online collaborative platforms or video meetings, even in different places and time zones.
- Boost the efficiency of your meeting: regularly analyze your meeting plan, put on your agenda only the most essential and valuable points, and keep everyone posted if changes appear.
- Eliminate distractions: give your team a unique place to collaborate, share files, communicate, put tasks, and comment, in an all-in-one place and in real-time. That will help your workers to stay on the same page but, at the same time, remain focused and concentrate more on important tasks.
Tips and tricks for building a productive team collaboration via Asana
One of the leading project-management tools, Asana, steps right in when you need to manage several workflows across multiple teams. Here are some tips for using Asana to enhance your productive work experience in a hybrid environment:
- Use Portfolios. This feature allows you to organize your projects, statuses, and data ranges, access the workload, monitor their progress in real-time, drill down for more information, and keep your team updated on progress. This feature is a complete lifesaver when you want to limit repetitive tasks and not helpful communication.
- Keep your aligned with Shared Goals. To prevent workers’ burnout caused mainly by an absence of an understanding of the company’s vision, you can use a Shared Goals feature. It will help all your team members view their overall impact on the company and provide transparency and clarity within your team on current projects and strategies.
- Use Tasks for clear expectations. With this functionality, you can easily track your deadlines, and work priorities, communicate, give feedback, and precise the additional information in real-time. It will make it completely clear for your team what you mean by particular tasks and what they should do.
- Get transparent monitoring with Universal Reporting. With this custom feature, you can get in-depth information on overdue tasks and the productivity of each team member and proficiently analyze their performance.
- Use Rules for limiting manual work. It is a great automation feature that helps you build the sequences on moving the task forward without manual work. It gives workers more time for skilled and strategic positions and limits repetitive routine tasks.
Asana offers rich functionalities for different size teams, project particularities, and work-mode preferences. With this solution, you do not have to worry about facing modern challenges because everything is transparent, clear, and well-structured. And even more, Asana is a great solution to conduct the full cycle of your onboarding process for newcomers. With Asana, you can create a custom onboarding template, include custom sections and fields, and lots more to get maximum from the first weeks in your company. If you want to learn more, do not hesitate to read our article “How to create a successful onboarding process for a new hire in Asana.”
If you want to discover more about Asana opportunities for your business, you can visit our Asana Professional Services page, and contact our Asana Expert team. As an Asana Solution Partner, Cloudfresh specialists can help you to dive deeper into your business workflows, analyze your needs, and implement the most suitable solution according to your company’s needs.
Let’s make your team’s collaboration the generating force towards your scaling and boost your business results!