When starting work on your own business many entrepreneurs face one major problem – how to achieve a good work-life balance.
Such an imbalance often appears because of a preconceived notion that it is possible to run your own business only on your terms. Work issues and the desire to dedicate time to favorite hobbies, to the family and so on are causing an imbalance within the entrepreneur’s life. The result is low productivity, which cannot be said about stress.
The best way to avoid such a situation is to organize yourself properly and make your workflow more efficient. But what kind of organization are we talking about here?
Organization is the key to balance
It is especially important to organize work for entrepreneurs that run more than one business to organize their work properly. In this case organization is more about the ability to structure and strategize. Such a strategy will help not only to distribute your time correctly, but also to avoid burnout, and also will help:
- Increase productivity and effectiveness
- Reduce anxiety
- Increase concentration when working on tasks
Just try to make a day structure in advance, and you will see how much faster and easier you will deal with your usual issues.
5 ways to organize your work more efficiently
There is no need to schedule all your tasks by the minute, just try to follow these simple tips:
- Prepare your workplace. And it’s not just about your work table. E-mail, laptop folders and messengers – go through all of them and collect all the information you need in one convenient place. For example, you can scan paper documents for fast access in Google Drive, which can be integrated with Asana.
- Create templates. This feature can help you to quickly find projects and tasks you need. They can be created for anything like writing letters or highlighting large projects.
- Automate your tasks. About 20-30% of our usual tasks are repeated every day. Asana has a Rules feature that allows you to automate these tasks, thereby improving your efficiency.
- Keep your documents. It will be much easier to delegate tasks or just search for the needed documents if all the necessary information is collected in one place.
- Manage your workflow easily! Don’t doubt the benefits of investing in a good platform to automate all the above functions. Asana can be such a platform, which includes over 100 integration possibilities with tools such as Google, Adobe Creative Cloud, and others.
Starting to make a strategy is equal to starting to organize your work. Let the Asana platform do most of your day-to-day work, so you can devote more free time to yourself.